We are committed to protecting your
privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully
(in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and according to the Safebuy
Code of Practice.
Cookies are used on this shopping site
during your visit. If you have disabled cookies for any reason your transaction
with us will fail but you can, if you wish, delete cookies from your temporary
internet files once you have completed your transaction.
We Explore Outside LTD trading as Explore
Outside collects information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your
order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. Information
that we hold about you will not be disclosed to a third party without your
consent. The type of information we will collect about you includes:
You may give us your Identity, Contact,
Special Category and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding
with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you
provide when you:
- Pay for goods and services;
- Speak to or contact customer services;
- Ordering our products or services;
- Create an account on our websites;
- Subscribe to our service or publications;
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Contact us through our call center;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- Give us some feedback;
- By filling in forms, for example when you sign
up to offers, news or a competition;
- By sending us emails and text messages (SMS or
- By adding posts, reviews and other comments to
any of our websites, mobile apps or other community forums;
- By liking or disliking our offers and
- By interacting with us on social media platforms
such as Facebook or Twitter etc;
- By registering accounts on any of our websites
or mobile apps including setting up passwords and preferred user names, contact
details, account details, details of friends and relatives, your preferences
technologies or interactions.
As you interact with our website(s), we
may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions
and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and
other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you
may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information
Title, first name, last name, username
or similar identifier, date of birth, and gender.
Billing address, delivery address,
email address and telephone numbers.
Details about payments to and from you
and other details of products and services you have purchased from us. These
- The time, date and location of purchase;
- The products and fuel you buy from us;
- Any relevant delivery address;
- Internet protocol (IP) address;
- MAC address;
- IMEI number from your phone;
- Your login data;
- Browser type and version;
- Time zone setting and location;
- Browser plug-in types and versions;
- Device model;
- Device name;
- Operating system and platform and other
technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Information where you came to our site from, and
where you went when you left it.
- We also track how often you visit and use our
websites and mobile apps. We do this via email and website cookies and similar
tracking technology built into our mobile apps. We make cookie policies
available on each of our websites to give you more detailed information on how
- Your username and password;
- Purchases or orders made by you;
- Your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey
- Information about how you use our website, products
- Information on what you view, click on access by
way of our marketing emails and text messages (SMS, MMS), website and mobile.
How we will use information about you?
We will only use your personal
information when the law allows us to. We will use your personal information in
the following circumstances:
- When you consent to us doing so;
- Where we need to perform the contract, we have
entered into with you;
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate
interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights
do not override those interests.
- Means the interest of our business in conducting
and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and
the best and most secure experience;
- We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we
process your personal data for our legitimate interests;
- We do not use your personal data for activities
where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your
consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
We may also use your personal
information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or
someone else's interests);
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for
We strive to provide you with choices
regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and
Promotional offers from us.
If you have expressly opted-in to
receive marketing from us we may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage
and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what
maybe of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and
offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing
communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased
goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you
entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have
not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will never share your personal data
with any company outside Explore Outside LTD for marketing purposes.
You can set your browser to refuse all
or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies.
may become inaccessible or not function properly. For more information about
the cookies we use, please click here.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal
information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably
consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible
with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal
information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain
the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your
personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the
above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal
information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed
if your personal information changes by keeping your details up to date on your
More Card and online shopping accounts.
rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you
have the right to:
- Request access: To your personal information
(commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you
to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check
that we are lawfully processing it.
- No fee usually required: You will not have to
pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other
rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded,
repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your
request in these circumstances.
- What we may need from you: We may need to
request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and
ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your
other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not
disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you
to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our
- Time limit to respond: We try to respond to all
legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a
month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of
requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Request access: Of the personal information that
we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate
information we hold about you corrected. We may need to verify the accuracy of
any new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure: Of your personal information.
This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there
is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to
ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your
right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your
information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to
comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply
with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified
to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing: Of your personal
information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third
party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you
want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object
where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing
purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate
grounds to process your information which means we can continue to process your
- Request the restriction of processing: Of your
personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of
your personal data in the following scenarios:
- (a) if you want us to establish the data's
- (b) where our use of the data is unlawful,
but you do not want us to erase it;
- (c) where you need us to hold the data even
if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend
legal claims; or
- (d) you have objected to our use of your data,
but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use
- Request the transfer: Of your personal
information to another party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have
chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable
format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you
initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to
perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time: Where we
are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not
affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your
consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain
products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time
you withdraw your consent.