At night the moon and planets may like Saturn and Jupiter can be explored. But thanks to the 70 mm wide aperture of the telescope also many celestial objects outside our solar system are within the reach of this telescope. Star clusters many light years away and nebula impress young and old stargazers.
Mounting with wedge: At first glance, the NG mount of the refractor telescope 70/700 NG is a very ordinary azimuth mount: an axis for left / right and one for up / down, as we know it from normal camera tripods. This mode makes sense especially with observations during the day. With the built-in wedge it can be tilted, so the whole mount can be converted to an equatorial mount for astronomy with a single operation. For use of the equatorial mount an axis is aligned with the North Star. When tracking a celestial object only a single axis needs to be moved, which clearly is a relief compared to tracking an object on the night sky with mounts that only have left / right and up / down axis.
- ideal beginner’s set
- suitable for lunar, planetary and nature observations
- mount can be used in two ways: alt-azimuth and equatorial
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- refractor telescope 70/900
- three eyepieces: 4 mm (225x), 12 mm (75x) and 20 mm (45x)
- heigth-adjustable aluminium tripod with accessory tray
- 1.5x errecting lens for a laterally correct and upright image
- NG mount
- finderscope 6 x 25
- astronomy software for PC
- 90° diagonal mirror